All About New Shine Walls

What is Live Baccarat and How to Play It

Dec 12

What is Live Baccarat and How to Play It

Baccarat is getting more and more popular. Being similar to another live casino game, blackjack, the objective of this game is to get a score as close to 9. The dynamics are quite easy to learn, and you just need to remember a few rules and the value of the cards. During the game, players face and challenge a dealer representing the bank.


The main characteristics of this game are:

  • It's a dynamic and exciting game,
  • Much of the result depends on your own abilities,
  • You face a real dealer from the comfort of your home.


How to play Baccarat

As we have already mentioned, the objective of the game is to obtain the closest possible score to 9. To do this, the player faces a dealer who represents the bank. Before starting the game, you must bet on the victory of the bench, the victory of the player, or the tie. From there, the game starts. The dealer deals two cards to each party. Depending on its value, he will distribute a third to the player, the bank, or both. At that time the total points of each are counted again. Baccarat is won by the hand that is closest to 9. If the player wins, it is paid 1 to 1, if the bank wins, it is paid with the same ratio minus 5% as commission. Tie bets are paid on an 8 to 1 ratio.


Strategies that are used in Baccarat

Baccarat is one of the casino games that offers the player the greatest advantage when it comes to dealing with the bank, but also one of the games that leaves the least margin for the display of skills. However, you can play baccarat online with the margin of probabilities through the bets that are made, which are the decision of each player.


Chances to win in live Baccarat

The RTP or return to player, indicates the opportunities that the player has to win in a certain game. In the case of live baccarat, the RTP percentage is 98.94%, something quite encouraging if we consider that it surpasses, for example, roulette and blackjack. This is why baccarat is known as the casino game with the lowest bank advantage. The odds of a player winning the hand are 44.62%, the odds of a player losing the hand are 45.85%, and the odds of a hand ending a tie are 9.53%. Although it is one of the games that offers the greatest advantages to the players, don't forget that it leaves little room for the action or decision of whoever faces the bank, with chance being the determining factor.


Different types of live baccarat

There are three types of baccarat: punto banco, baccarat Chemin de Fer, and baccarat banque. Baccarat punto banco is the one that is mistakenly considered as original. Although it's a variation of the game, it's the most popular and referred to when calling baccarat dry. In this mode, the role of the bank is always occupied by the house. The Chemin de Fer is the original version as it was born in France. In this case, there is no banking, but this role is developed by the players in turn. Baccarat banque differs in that the role of the banker is not transferred from player to player, but it's maintained by one permanently. It only changes players if the decks run out or the player in question is removed from the game.